Oracle R12.1 and R12.2 Upgrades
Upgrading your Oracle E-Business Suite Release once was a matter of choice. Nowadays, streamlining Finance, HR, and other back office processes has become a necessity for companies that need to stay ahead in the race for greater profits.
At IT Convergence we embrace the fact that every company is different with unique business requirements and our Oracle E-Business Suite Upgrade service offerings reflect that reality. Knowing that one size doesn’t fit all, we have developed three alternatives that will suit your needs when upgrading to Oracle R12.1 or R12.2.
In addition to giving you the agility to choose the Oracle E-Business Suite upgrade option that’s right for you, partnering with IT Convergence also gives you the peace of mind in knowing that your Oracle R12.1 or R12.2 Upgrade will finish on-time and on-budget. All of our service options are designed to avoid critical interruptions and minimize downtime, maintaining continuity as you migrate your ERP solution to a new platform.
- Technical Upgrade: The Oracle EBS technical upgrade delivers a working R12.1 or R12.2 system, which mirrors your previous transactional processing without business process transformation. Our EBS Technical Upgrade provides a fixed price solution gets you live on Oracle R12.1 or R12.2 in just a few short months.
- Transformational: Organizations interested in enhancing business processes while upgrading to Oracle R12.1 or R12.2 should consider our Transformational EBS Upgrade service. This service offering is geared towards companies with a large Oracle footprint and complex business flows, but who still do not need to do a full reimplementation.
- Hybrid: Our EBS Hybrid Upgrade combines elements of our EBS Technical Upgrade and our Transformational EBS Upgrade services to give you an upgrade timeline that is both rapid and predictable while also including strategic configuration upgrades and new functionality process designs.
Our Oracle EBS Technical Upgrade is designed for organizations seeking a rapid, no frills upgrade to Oracle R12.1 or R12.2 and provides a fixed price solution for organizations seeking a rapid, no frills upgrade to Oracle R12.1 or R12.2.
The EBS Technical Upgrade delivers a working Oracle R12.1 or R12.2 system that mirrors your transactional processing in your previous EBS version without business process transformation. Each project follows a similar path:
- Assessing your existing 11i or 12.0 environment
- Validating your environment’s functional qualifications
- Verifying the count and complexity of your CEMLI objects (configurations extensions modifications localizations integration framework)
Throughout the duration of your project, you’ll work with a dedicated Project Manager who will coordinate with an onshore or offshore team of technical and functional experts who will support and test the upgrade process.
IT Convergence has been delivering Oracle Applications Release 12 upgrades since 2007 and 12.2 upgrades since 2013. We have ample experience in a variety of environments (RAC, Distributed ASCP and SOA, among others) and employ consistent timelines and processes.
- Limited functional assistance on specific modules
- Remediation of up to 50 CEMLI objects to meet the new R12.2 development standards
- 1-week onsite Oracle R12.1 or R12.2 Delta training workshop for your staff
Oracle EBS Technical Upgrade services are limited to Oracle E-Business Suite Customers who have 50 or fewer CEMI objects.
E-Business Suite users seeking both a technical Oracle EBS Upgrade as well as comprehensive business process enhancements should consider our Transformational Upgrade. This service offering is geared towards companies with a large Oracle footprint who need to migrate to Oracle R12.1 or R12.2. This includes organizations that:
- Have grown significantly either organically or due to acquisitions and mergers
- Are currently using 30 or more Oracle E-Business Suite modules
- Support multiple countries with complex localization requirements (such as Asia Pacific or Latin America)
- Maintain a complex enterprise structure such as a shared services model
Each Oracle EBS Transformational Upgrade begins with an Oracle R12.1 or R12.2 functional review, during which our team assesses your environment and identifies the gaps to be addressed (CEMLI retirement, remediation and additional extension requirements).
In a second stage, our team implements R12.1 or R12.2’s new features and modules while our Education Services department develops custom curricula to train your staff on new functionalities and features.
- Meet strict global localization and regulatory compliance requirements
- Consolidate multiple instances into a global single instance
- Interface with multiple disparate systems (internal or external)
- Manage significant changes to organizational structure due to acquisitions, mergers, etc.
- Incorporate additional modules, edge applications (OBIEE, Hyperion, Agile, SOA, Demantra, etc.) and/or Fusion Applications products (Fusion Applications HCM, CRM, GRC, etc.)
Multinational corporations needing an Oracle EBS Transformational Upgrade can count on IT Convergence’s Global Rollout services, where we are leaders in the Latin American and East Asian markets.
- Our ERP project teams blend a global mix of industry-leading DBAs and senior subject matter experts who have hands-on application and industry knowledge
- We use the OUM Methodology
- You access OATS (Oracle Application Testing Services) for rapid regression testing, establishing baseline environments and performing integrated testing across custom applications and CEMLI’s
Our Oracle EBS Transformational Upgrade services are available on both a fixed-bid and time and materials basis.
Our Oracle EBS Hybrid Upgrade combines elements of our EBS Upgrade in a Box and ourTransformational EBS Upgrade services to give you an upgrade timeline that is both rapid and predictable while also including strategic configuration upgrades and new functionality process designs.
Oracle Hybrid upgrades allow you to leverage the rapid implementation approach for most of the project, yet take a deeper dive towards incorporating new functionality and new processes. This gives you the chance to execute a seamless R12.1 or R12.2 Technical Upgrade while achieving modest business process transformation.
- Either more than 50 CEMLI objects and/or more complex CEMLI remediation requirements than can be managed under and Oracle EBS Upgrade in a Box
- A need to modify current business processes to better leverage standard R12.1 or R12.2 functionality for best practices
- Few interfaces to disparate systems (internal or external)
- A desire to eliminate significant customizations by leveraging Oracle R12.1 or R12.2 standard functionality
Oracle Hybrid upgrade teams typically organized in the following way: Transformation components of the project rely on onsite subject matter experts while non-transformation components are carried out by a remote team of developers, DBA’s and subject matter experts.
Having helped over 50 companies successfully transition to R12.1 or R12.2, IT Convergence has the experience and expertise to ensure that your successful Oracle EBS upgrade finishes on time and on budget.
Best of all, you can choose a serving upgrade option that is tailored to your needs. Learn more about how we can help your organization enjoy the benefits of Oracle E-Business Suite.
Oracle R12.1 and R12.2 Reimplementation
In a perfect world, Oracle E-Business Suite customers can perform a vanilla upgrade to R12.1 or R12.2, with no messy reengineering, data conversions, or any of the other headaches associated with the traditional implementation.
Unfortunately, sometimes a simple upgrade just isn’t possible, and for those clients IT Convergence offers its Oracle E-Business Suite Reimplementation Services.
Because of a reimplementation’s cost and complexity, most customers are reticent to embark on an effort of that magnitude. Our services begin with a Foundation Analysis, where we assess your Chart of Accounts, multi-organization structure and customizations to validate that an R12.1 or an R12.2 Reimplementation is the right solution for you.
Most companies choose reimplementation because they have undergone a fundamental business change or they have simply grown to the point where their existing configurations won’t meet the operational needs of the business. To address these issues, our functional and technical experts:
- Determine whether its more cost-effective to migrate your 11i or 12.0 customizations or simply eliminate them with standard R12.1 or R12.2 functionality
- Assess process deficiencies and incorporate best practices so as to avoid issues in the future
- Determine if a reimplementation isn’t necessary and objectives can be accomplished with alternative steps
All of this enables us to design an Oracle E-Business Suite solution that is robust enough to meet your functionality needs of today, while still being scalable enough to keep pace as your business grows.
There’s no substitute for experience, especially when talking about a multi-million dollar investment in Oracle ERP. IT Convergence has credentials with Oracle Applications Release 12.1 or R12.2 that few others can match. As a service provider we’ve ran or supported over 50 Oracle R12.1 and R12.2 related projects.
But we aren’t simply Oracle E-Business Suit solution providers, we also use Oracle R12.2 in house, having upgraded to Oracle R12.2 in 2013 This puts us in a unique position to help you meet the challenges that R12.1 or R12.2 poses, because we have successfully overcome these issues ourselves.
We also provide the following supporting services to ensure an on-time, on-budget delivery:
- 1 and R12.2 data conversion services conducted with a reusable code toolkit
- A validated R12.1 and R12.2 Reimplementation plan featuring clearly defined deliverables and milestones to be met at every stage of the process
- Vision R12.1 and R12.2 Environments to that you can use to do rapid prototyping, which will allow you to:
- Quickly see the delta changes to your configurations in a new environment
- Model changes to components such as the COA, Item Master, Customer Master and Organizational Entity changes
- See working models of key R12.1 and R12.2 features such as E-Business Tax, Multi-Org Access Control and Subledger Accounting; allowing you to make decisions as part of the reimplementation
- A Program Management Office (PMO) that ensures effective project, change, and knowledge management. Our PMO office also supports the use of Oracle Unified Methodology (OUM) in all phases of the project, which will give you the peace of mind that you will be able to support and adapt your solution as your business grows
- Global reach, allowing us to support your ERP needs anywhere on the globe
- Cost-effective access to ERP development and testing services, through our Right Shoring approach
When you consider the complexity, effort and investment that goes into an Oracle R12.1 or R12.2 Reimplementation, one overriding imperative becomes clear:
You’ve Got to Get it Right the First Time
IT Convergence offers you the ERP expertise, and comprehensive services mix that ensures that your Oracle EBS Reimplementation results in an end-to-end solution that needs your business needs of today and will scale up to match tomorrow’s growth.
Moreover, we have the project management experience necessary to guarantee that your reimplementation finishes in scope and on budget. Contact us today and let us know how we can help you successfully migrate from Oracle 11i to Oracle R12.1 or from Oracle R12.0 to Oracle R12.2.
[mkto_form id=”4148″ cpnid=”49085″ heading=”Reach a Managed Services Representative” popup=”yes” lead_text=”To reach a Managed Services representative” btn_text=”CONTACT US” style=”long_cta”]