This year, Oracle Open World was unquestionably all about the Cloud. But what does it mean for those who already have heavy investments in other Oracle ERP systems, like E-Business Suite (EBS)?
Not even 2 weeks ago, on October 16th, Oracle announced the general availability of E-Business Suite Release 12.2.5, and just a few hours ago, Cliff Godwin gave us a hint about introducing at least 3 other E-Business Suite releases by the end of the decade.
In the meantime, while heavily investing in E-Business Suite particularly in 3 areas: Modern User Experience (UX), Functional Innovation, and Operational Efficiency, Oracle has started to take bigger and bigger steps towards the Cloud. The new EBS strategy is organized by 4 major business drivers:
- The subscription economy: how to sell, renew and deliver subscriptions to ensure customer retention
- Industry 4.0 and loT: how to build and service products and maintain assets faster and smarter
- Supply Chain Agility: how to run your supply chain your way with better tracking and accuracy of the SC execution
- The Cloud: how to leverage the benefits and the functionalities of the Cloud
These 4 areas include major innovations and for sure will impact your decision about your next IT investment, but this time let us elaborate on the last bullet, that most of us are interested in: what is the strategy Oracle recommends for E-Business Suite owners to allow a transformational business model.
Oracle’s answer is simple: Hybrid is the new normal. Therefore, to keep you up with the future, Oracle came up with 20 practical coexistence strategies:
E-Business Suite and HCM Cloud
- EBS HCM to Oracle Taleo Cloud Service
- EBS HCM to Oracle Talent Management Cloud
- EBS Payroll with Oracle HCM Cloud
- EBS ERP to Oracle HCM Cloud
E-Business Suite and ERP/SCM Cloud
- FAH for Financial Reporting Cloud Service for EBS
- Expense Cloud Service to EBS
- Planning & Budgeting Cloud Service for EBS
- Primavera Project Mgmt to EBS Projects
- Project Portfolio Management Cloud to EBS
- Procurement/Sourcing Cloud for EBS
- Procure-to-Pay Cloud Service to EBS
- Transformation Management (OTM) Cloud to EBS
- Global Trade Management (GTM) Cloud to EBS
- PLM Cloud to EBS item Master
E-Business Suite and CX Cloud
- Sales Cloud with EBS Quoting
- Order Management Cloud to EBS Order Fulfillment
- CPQ Cloud to EBS Order Fullfillment
- Service Cloud (RightNow) to EBS Field Service
- Field Service Management (TOA) Cloud Service to EBS
- EBS ERP to Oracle CX Cloud
For those of you who wish to have something that is not listed above, Oracle recommends thinking twice – mainly because there’s a reason why those items didn’t make the list.
In conclusion, E-Business Suite is here to stay. Release 12.3 is coming, and it will reset the whole support timeline, while ensuring that you have access to the best of breed applications and tools.
Stayed tuned because we have a lot more to say about this topic!