The structure of the session was set up as an interactive discussion among the UPK users and experts. The audience was divided in three different groups and was led by the Oracle UPK product team as well the UPK SIG leaders. The groups were discussing the current usage of the tool and the best practices. To conclude the discussion key takeaways were presented with the rest of the audience.
1. UPK Professional and Knowledge Center Key Takeaways:
- Secure Executive buy in before launching an UPK initiative
- Plan content development and staffing needs in advance: set up standards for your authoring team, define the project owner, the administrator and your UPK development team
- Configure in advance and use In-Application support
- Backup regularly: export the .odarc file frequently
2. UPK for Testing Key Takeaways:
- Utilize UPK early in the project lifecycle for testing and reuse the content created for training later on in the project
- Use the appropriate testing output (Test It mode, Test Case, Test Documents)
- Jump start with the usage of Record It mode: SMEs with business process expertise, but without technical UPK knowledge are able to record business processes and broaden the authoring community making the content development faster and more accurate
3. New Users Key Takeaways:
- With one single recording, many outputs are generated
- The raining content is easy to update
- Start simple and build the Library right (standards, naming conventions)
- Use pre-built content
- UPK is not only a training tool, but a tool that supports the entire project lifecycle
Whether at OpenWorld 13 or Not – Stay Connected!
Visit us at booth #1027 and schedule a UPK demo!
Oracle OpenWorld is the biggest and most important event of the ERP calendar and IT Convergence wants you to take full advantage. Click here to visit our OOW13 resources page and/or follow all of the action from wherever you are in the world by reading all of this blog’s entries on our Oracle OpenWorld .
Follow @IT Convergence
For those of you unable to attend the show but who still want to know more about User Productivity Kit features, functions, capabilities and the roadmap for the future, something to consider is to register for our next webcast “Oracle OpenWorld 2013 UPK Encore” that will be held on Thursday, October 10th, 2013 at 8:00 am Pacific/11 am Eastern.