Common Questions our customers have on IAM
Is the IAM solution comprehensive and covers the full suite of the directory, identity, and access Management?
How do I ensure my Cloud is secure?
Can the IAM solution enable us to aggregate all my identity silos and provide a carrier-grade virtual directory service for all my apps?
Can the IAM solution secure my on-premise, cloud, and hybrid workloads with intelligent context-aware multi-factor capabilities?
How can I provision and protect my entire suite of applications both on-premise and in the cloud?
Can it handle my Unified Management for identities, permissions, roles with extensive governance capabilities?
Can an IAM solution be deployed with ease using cloud-native tools on public clouds, private clouds, or on-premise?
Why do I need an Oracle Managed Services Partner Expertise to manage my shared responsibility for cloud security? Download Ebook to learn why and how
How do I get visibility of my custom apps, user access, and data security?
How do you detect user behavior and data loss in your environment?
How quickly are users, devices, and apps provisioned/ de-provisioned? Is there potential exposure in user accounts?
The pandemic has triggered a wave of identity and access management (IAM) challenges as businesses internally restructure, onboard specialized skillsets, or face financial pressures to make redundancies. What questions do you need to ask to ensure security and privacy remain part of the IAM lifecycle? Learn how Cloud specialists can help you answer this.
Industries experiencing huge demand have an incentive to expedite onboarding processes for new joiners, while others are doing the same for specialist skillsets they desperately need.
Globally, customers have realized that identity and access management has become the new perimeter security to ensure consistent security across their on-premise, hybrid cloud, and public cloud deployments of the database, applications, and other workloads. Similar to their workloads, customers expect to deploy and manage their Identity and access platform solutions anywhere. The scale and types (e.g. IoT and Bots) of our digital economy are increasing the entities accessing enterprise resources, which is driving the need for identity solutions where identity life cycle and governance work together with intelligent access management to provide comprehensive security. Oracle’s Identity suite can address nearly any deployment use case. How to leverage?
Oracle Identity and Cloud Service (IDCS)
Oracle Identity and Access Management (IAM) can be grouped by function:
- Identity Management
- Access Management
- Directory Services
Organizations can enable a Zero Trust strategy and establish user identity as a new security perimeter.
Oracle Identity Cloud Service
1. CLOUD DIRECTORY – A extensible, highly scalable repository to store information about users, groups, devices, and application accounts
2. IDENTITY LIFECYCLE MANAGEMENT – On-board employee, consumer, and partner identities from any source and manage their lifecycle
3. IDENTITY PROVISIONING – Automates identity lifecycle processes & helps provision identities and their authorizations to cloud or on-premise
- Supports all major enterprise applications ranging from Databases, Mainframes to SaaS applications
- Over 400 SaaS applications supported via Partner Gateways
- Almost any app can be integrated using SCIM
- Custom App Integration supported via custom connectors
- Highly available and cross-platform
- Can be deployed on-premises or in the Cloud (for Cloud-based workloads)
4. SINGLE SIGN-ON – Enable employees, customers, and partners to access their applications seamlessly using a single authentication
5. PLATFORM SECURITY – Secure access of privileged users in Databases, VPN, Wi-Fi, and Compute
6. MFA – Secure access to apps and prevent credential theft
7. ADAPTIVE AUTHENTICATION – Add an additional layer of security by learning from the user’s behavior, context, and external threat feeds
8. API SECURITY – Standards-based, policy-driven centralized access management for APIs
While Oracle has taken utmost care to ensure security is built in the OCI environment, still the security on the cloud is a shared responsibility with customers, and here is where an expert plays a critical role. Analysis 3 of the eBook shares Gartner’s views on How to leverage certified Oracle Partners for cloud success.
It is important to understand that moving traditional on-premises Oracle environments (ERP, HCM, PPM, etc.) to a public cloud does not eliminate the need for monitoring, security, operating system, database, application, infrastructure, and management. The complexity of Cloud, Oracle workloads, and more specifically the contracting, architectural design, and implementation of these workloads, requires expertise that most companies may not have internally. All layers on top of the virtualization layer — the operating system, the database, the middleware, and the application — will still require management.
Our breadth of expertise within Oracle and beyond is reflected within this overview of technology and software that we are currently supporting today. This listing is not comprehensive but hopefully shows you our expanding service offering for Oracle and complimentary services for which we can discuss to incorporate what may be required in your roadmap for both migrations and continued managed services support.