Global Consulting Company Modernizes their Data Stack to Drive Transformation
The client had a consolidated analytics practice across the company that served the global business in different practice areas (Oil & Energy, Supply Chain, Media & Telecommunications, Government, Pharmaceutical, etc.) with different data domains to enable a data-driven organization. Their medium to long-term challenges included using data as a product, democratizing data, enabling more business areas to take ownership of their data, increasing the number of offices that use their data platform, and modernizing their data stack.
IT Convergence worked closely with the client to establish a new data strategy and build the capabilities required to support the new global vision. This was achieved by conducting a Business Assessment to help identify the Product Owners, Managing Director Partners, and Sponsors. ITC delivered a world-class solution by implementing a data mesh architecture, enabling different data squads across the company, and improving data accountability. ITC also modernized their data stack by implementing solutions such as Snowflake, DBT + Fivetran, Airflow, and Tableau.
- Created six data squads each focused on a specific business area – Commercial, Performance & Management, Revenue, Invoicing, Finance, and Marketing
- Reduced IT dependency by 60% as each data squad is responsible for their annual data strategy
- Reduced complexity and improved data governance
- Reduced costs by 35% by moving from traditional BI architecture to a modern data stack and eliminating long-term Oracle contracts
- Reduced data processing by 40% with Elastic Compute Cloud