Brazil’s reputation as a challenging business environment is well warranted and implementing Oracle E-Business Suite in Brazil is a unique challenge even for seasoned Oracle experts.
But the truth is that multi-national companies operate there successfully using Oracle every day and ITC Brazil has been fortunate to partner with many of these companies over the years. Our team in Brazil is made up of Brazilian Oracle experts who focus on multi-national implementations and rollouts, long term Oracle support services, and technical development for Oracle and the products that complement Oracle’s solution for Brazil. Our regional expertise and global perspective has helped us achieve a reputation as a leading advisor for multi-national organizations using Oracle EBS in Brazil today.
4 Stage Oracle Solutions
The local statutory requirements in Brazil have resulted in an Oracle solution that is made up of four primary components.
These are the modules that make up the global Oracle EBS solution worldwide.
Localizations, formerly known as Globalizations, provide additional functionality that is developed and supported by Oracle as part of their global solution. Examples include: Multi-Language Functionality, Latin Tax Engine, and Global Flexfields.
Add-on Localizations, formerly known as Localizations, address requirements and functionality specific ONLY to Brazil. They are developed and supported by Oracle Brazil. Examples include: Integrated Receiving, Brazil EFT for AP and AR, and CLL Views.
Partner solutions are developed and supported by Oracle approved partners who have designed their products to address requirements not met by Oracle EBS in Brazil. Examples include: Electronic Nota Fiscal, SPED, and Import / Export functionality.
WORLDWIDE LEADER IN UNIVERSAL CONTROL AND SENSING TECHNOLOGIES FOR THE SMART HOME ENTRUSTS ITC TO IMPLEMENT ORACLE EBS R12.2 ACROSS BRAZIL, APAC & EMEA REGIONS.
An American smart home technology provider & manufacturer of universal remote controls, IoT devices & software was looking for a partner to implement R12.2 in the US as well as roll it out globally across Brazil, APAC & EMEA regions.
- The Client had an unstable and old system/environment that was not able to support the day to day business needs
- Client was growing year after year and their system was not able to handle that growth and expansion
- A lot of the client’s processes were manual, which was impacting the time to delivery and the cost of their end product
- No end-to-end visibility into their products/profit margins/costs, etc., as data was stored in a lot of different applications and spreadsheets
- Management was not able to make decisions timely due to no real-time visibility into inventory on hand/orders/back orders, etc
- There was no standard business process across the global offices and factories stored in a lot of different applications and spreadsheets
As part of the Oracle R12 Global Project, ITC provided:
- Core Planning and Global Design for the Client Business and existing systems in Brazil, US, Asia, and EMEA
- Participated in global architecture and use of Global Chart of Accounts, Ledger Structures, Operating Units, Inventory Organizations
- Design, development and testing of the custom reports and extensions
- Provided a central system to capture data and provide end to end visibility of the overall global business
- Manual work was automated, increasing operational efficiency and saving costs
- Business processes were streamlined across the headquarters and subsidiaries
- The Business Intelligence provided real time data that improve decision making process and overall operations on a daily basis