Global Recreation And Lifestyle Brands Company Migrates Into Multiple Clouds At Scale With OCI
Enabling cloud-native functionality with minimal end-user disruption
A market leader in the marine, fitness and billiards industry sought a partner to hone its cloud architecture and migrate existing workloads onto multiple Oracle IaaS and PaaS clouds as a critical IT roadmap initiative in 2019. Migration efforts span traditional lift and shift (rehosting) operations and scale to include replatforming, refactoring and database and application upgrades with little to no end-user disruption.
- Achieving scalable states in each project wave without compromising efficiency and repeatability in process and architecture
- Architecting production deployments that minimize planned and
- unplanned outages, overall business disruption
- Integrating the Oracle migrations into the global transformation project, both on Oracle and Azure and coordinating with multiple IT, end user and vendor personnel
Leverage open source and cloud-native toolsets, allowing for the most efficient and practical uses of labor and providing for future scalability in an automated and cloud-forward approach.
|OS Migrations (AIX LINUX)||40|
|Apex Custom Migrations||85|
- Successful interoperability in a multi-cloud architecture, separating LOBs, with secure and distinct privileges in a modernized technology footprint
- Migration of all database OS from AIX to OEL with minimal production cutover downtime and end-user disruption
- Scalable & repeatable future migrations now possible without outsourcing due to documentation