Leading Healthcare Provider replaces Legacy Custom Solution
The client was using a custom solution built using legacy technologies like Adobe Flash. They needed a partner who could understand their custom solution and rebuild it using modern technologies before Adobe Flash was desupported.
Most vendors didn't have the skills needed to reverse engineer the functionality written in Adobe Flash using technologies like Spring Boot and AngularJS.
ITC reviewed the legacy code to understand the functionality, interviewed users to design the new architecture, and enhanced the application design to accommodate new requirements. The key challenge was to complete the project before the kill switch was activated by Adobe in the later releases of 2020. The kill switch activation timelines pushed us to accelerate project delivery and go- live with the new application without impacting the users. The new application is being used by the Patient Financial Services group to process millions of dollars’ worth of transactions from patient and non-patient revenue.
- Switched from the old application to the new one with minimal downtime and business impact
- The business users' pain points were addressed with design improvements such as enhancing the dashboards, search parameters, and user access
- Better sharing and auditing with the ability to export data in different formats along with timestamp information
- Reduced manual efforts by implementing the batch auto close feature
- Prevented accidental import of duplicate records and reduced data issues by implementing validations