Sports Collectibles Company Partners With ITC for a BI Upgrade
Improves Data Analytics Capabilities by Migrating From OBIEE 11g to 12c in 4 Months
The client manufactures physical and digital sports cards, entertainment cards and collectibles, and distinctive confectionery products. They are a leading producer of American football, baseball, basketball, ice hockey, soccer, and other sports and non-sports themed trading cards.
The client was using an older version of OBIEE that was desupported and missing modern features and functionality. They were also using an older version of BI Apps that wasn’t fully compatible with their Oracle E-Business Suite 12c system. They were unable to use EBS data to generate reports.
ITC recommended a BI Apps upgrade and OBIEE 12c upgrade. We upgraded their BI Apps 22.214.171.124 to the latest version 126.96.36.199.2. BI Apps 11g was freshly installed and configured with Financials and Supply Management offerings. Different sources were set and mappings were created for customized content in ODI. Web Catalog and RPD were migrated from OBIEE 11g to 12c and all existing reports/dashboards were converted to work in the upgraded environment. ITC also provided post go-live support for 2 weeks which included Performance Testing.
- Ability to generate reports using Oracle EBS data
- Access to pre-built reports and full data analytics capabilities with new OBI 11g visualizations
- Improved information transparency with Data Lineage Tool to track lineage from source to target
- Faster ELT (instead of ETL) by moving from Informatica to ODI
- Anytime, anywhere data access with mobile BI capabilities