Supply & Trading Company Implements Oracle ERP Cloud in China
ITC Implements Oracle ERP Cloud in 15 Weeks to Support Growth of APAC Operations
The client offers global trading, logistics and risk management services. The company markets crude oil, refined petroleum products, chemicals, industrial and precious metals, steel, and other commodities. Risk management offerings include market research, derivative transactions, and price hedging. The company leverages their presence in about 60 countries in order to secure and execute contracts.
The client decided to support the continuous growth of their Asia-Pacific (APAC) operations by implementing Oracle ERP Cloud as their existing systems were unable to support rapid growth in their Chinese business unit. The solution also had to adhere to government regulations in China.
Along with implementing core financials, IT Convergence integrated the company’s third-party trade systems with Oracle ERP Cloud. An out-of-the-box solution was implemented to adhere to Chinese governmental controls. The following ERP Cloud modules were implemented: General Ledger (GL), Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR), Fixed Assets (FA), and Cash Management (CE). ITC assisted the customer with designated testing scenarios which support their specific operations and delivered training to the customer’s team before go-live.
- Completed Oracle ERP Cloud implementation in 15 weeks
- First company using Oracle ERP Cloud for their financial operations in China
- Out-of-the-box solution was implemented to adhere to Chinese governmental controls
- Ensured business continuity and migrated to cloud without major functionality loss
- Continuous improvements through product upgrades and enhancements