According to Gartner, 2020 clearly demonstrated the benefits of cloud ERP, with the pandemic creating more urgency for end-user adoption. HCM and financial management cloud solutions lead the way in terms of cloud ERP adoption. Additionally, adoption rates for supply chain, manufacturing and operations, and enterprise asset management cloud solutions are growing faster than in previous years.
Organizations successfully renovating their ERP platforms will achieve at least a 40% improvement in IT agility to deliver business outcomes. The SaaS vendor has to manage all technology infrastructure either in its own data centers or in third-party data centers along with implementing upgrades as part of the cloud service.
However the responsibility of the SaaS vendor does not eliminate the need for a services support team by the customer. Why?
- Who manages access level security?
- Who manages Application administration?
- Who manages the Application Integration with other apps & customizations?
- Who manages the Data and Analytics?
- What about applying Updates, Data Cleansing, Restructuring And Redistributions & Patches?
Post implementation of SaaS based Cloud ERP solutions brings in challenges in supporting cloud based ERP environments for the IT.
4 Key IT Team Challenges in Supporting Cloud Based ERP Environments
When in-house IT teams struggle with the new requirements of supporting cloud-based environments, it can have a significant impact to business:
Challenge 1 – Level of Support
Underestimating the level of support required after go-live can lead to delayed adoption, lower business confidence, and missed return on investment (ROI) goals. Learn the Sourcing options for Post Implementation Support for Oracle Cloud Applications?
How to Resolve?
Your teams may not be skilled to pre-judge the level and depth of support required, however you can engage a certified expert who can guide you in skill assessment and develop a governance framework for you.
Challenge 2 – Limited In-House IT Support
Limited in-house IT support resources for testing and integration of cloud patches, may find it hard to keep up with the new SaaS functionality. This can affect business operations and end user proficiency. Learn How to model your cloud ERP support organization in this eBook
How to Resolve?
Cloud skill shortage is going to be a norm for up to the year 2025. You have options to resolve these by either, Develop skills in-house, Engage Oracle Cloud Expert partners CSPE, Engage Oracle Services (ACS) or build a hybrid team with any two of the above.
Challenge 3 – Slow Resolution of Issues
End users experiencing slow resolution of application issues and not receiving functional support when they need it can lead to dissatisfaction and reduced productivity.
How to Resolve?
Adequate sizing of the support team with issues and requests to handle needs to be planned. Certified Cloud partners can 1) bundle services, with 2) Easily scalable options as and when required.
Challenge 4 – Post Implementation
The post implementation tasks for IT Teams which impact daily operations
1) Mandatory Monthly or Quarterly updates: Several leading SaaS players release 60-90 days updates which are mandatory to apply. Your team needs to learn and keep themselves updated to know what the updates will fix or process they will enhance.
2) Extensions and integrations: Changes applied with inputs from business or through updates or new external application integration, reports will require a close track of impact of changes and timely resolve them to avoid issues. In case of a Multi-cloud & Hybrid environment this becomes even more critical.
3) Rigorous Testing Practice: Though testing will be required for impact of changes on– Integrations, Reports, Analytics, New features etc.
4) Security double check: Use of market tested Identity access management tools and technologies to allow for limited access to users as and how much is required.
Don’t have experts to fully understand the existing environment or what impact will happen to their existing environment? Engage a certified Cloud ERP expert partner who can consult and manage all business and IT challenges for you seamlessly while delivering maximum ROI.
Business Leadership have different set of issues which need to be resolved on Cloud ERP management, such as:
Business leadership perspectives can be read in this Blog
Managed Services Support Ecosystem for Cloud ERP by ITC
ITC’s Cloud ERP Managed Services team has many years of experience in operation and support of critical applications like Oracle in the cloud and on-premises. More than 1500+ cloud experts & subject matter experts around the world assist and guide customers toward their business goals.
Support Services Descriptions from ITC for Cloud ERP?
Support services will resolve the above 8 key challenges for Oracle SaaS customers . Detailed description of services will focus on resolving:
- Prioritized issue resolution
- Designated support team, Proactive and reactive support
- Flexible service bundle
- Function services, end user support
- 24/7 support and monitoring when it matters the most
- Extensions, PaaS for SaaS
- Application testing for business continuity
- Guidance and assistance with all Oracle Technologies
- Suite of services for highest security and data protection
- Expert Identity management
A targeted and flexible services portfolio can address your key SaaS requirements. Our Engineers, armed with recommended methodologies and sophisticated service delivery technology, can help you build a successful business operation and relieve your IT staff from routine tasks.