In today’s fast-paced digital economy, organizations need to invest in technologies or initiatives that would allow them to be more agile in delivering value. Successfully leveraging disruptive technologies like Robotic Process Automation (RPA), could make a difference in the organization between thriving or not. As RPA continues to expand its role in companies’ operations, let’s evaluate how you can achieve ERP Modernization through RPA.
Before digging in how RPA helps with ERP Modernization, let’s define the term. ERP Modernization, according to Oracle, is the re-architecting, re-platforming, re-hosting, replacing, re-engineering, or retiring (to name a few) of the software to align more closely with current business needs, with the overall goal to create new value.
The potential to drive ERP modernization through RPA is substantial because at the core, ERP systems, like Oracle E-Business Suite, are a series of integrated back-office processes. Even though ERP introduced some level of automation already, function areas like Finance or HR, continue to depend on repetitive manual processes that tend to be lengthy and error-prone. Deploying RPA into ERP delivers clear benefits –cost savings, accuracy, faster processing speed, enhanced compliance, controls, and audibility across the organization.
IN WHICH ERP PROCESSES CAN RPA BE APPLIED?
Here are a few ERP processes where RPA can be applied:
- HCM: In areas of Human Capital Management, RPA can be used to automate every part of the employee lifecycle, like recruiting, onboarding, and career development.
- CRM: RPA automation can increase the efficacy of call centers with the use of Chatbots, therefore enhancing the customer experience.
- Finance: By bringing automation to your Finance, you reduce costly errors in repetitive financial and accounting processes, like invoice filing. Additionally, RPA can be programmed to ensure regulatory compliance with legal reporting requirements.
- Business Intelligence: RPA helps by providing real-time process-level data analytics to drive agility enhancements and improve critical decision making.
ACHIEVING ERP MODERNIZATION WITHOUT MOVING TO THE CLOUD
Every company will be shifting to the Cloud soon and will have access to new features and capabilities that would allow organizations to address the demands of the digital era. But the reality is that a lot of companies are still heavily investing in their on-prem ERPs and would move to the Cloud only in some capacity.
ERP modernization is necessary. Companies not willing to start the journey to the Cloud now require solutions, like RPA, that can fully integrate with their existing apps, both on-premise and in the Cloud.
IT decision-makers can create a fully upgraded and integrated user experience without scrapping the legacy systems they’ve come to rely on with the appropriate tools.
How Can You Do Accomplish ERP Modernization?
Transforming your ERP systems to achieve ERP Modernization, drive innovation and focus on your differentiators, is a journey that should be custom-tailor to your IT & business needs. IT Convergence can help you identify the best path for you and recommend the optimal technology roadmap.
Our ERP Roadmap Assessment will provide you with:
- ERP Best Practices and Recommendations to Drive Efficiency
- Strategy for Data Capture & Cleansing to Support Analytics
- Evaluation of Oracle On-Premise Environment & Recommendations
- Roadmap for Your EBS and Oracle Cloud: Optimal Future State