Questions Our Customers Ask Today
- I want my in-house IT team to focus on big-picture projects like business development, strategic efforts or employee productivity?
- I am looking to move my data to the cloud but need an expert to help me out?
- How do I optimize my IT management cost and scale at the same time?
Most organizations still struggle with two major IT-related issues: 1) keeping their IT infrastructure operating at optimal levels of performance, and 2) simultaneously managing the increasing costs associated with that goal. Add to that the pace at which new technology emergence and adoption—services that enterprise users need available to them sooner rather than later to remain competitive.
Two choices the customers have today are:
1 ) Manage In-House
2 ) Out-Task or Outsource
Each choice has factors affecting its viability, ranging from visibility and control to financial and even human resources considerations.
Outsource to a Managed Services Provider (MSP)
According to Gartner a managed service provider (MSP) delivers services, such as network, application, infrastructure and security, via ongoing and regular support and active administration on customers’ premises, in their MSP’s data center (hosting), or in a third-party data center. MSPs may deliver their own native services in conjunction with other providers’ services (for example, a security MSP providing sys admin on top of a third-party cloud IaaS).
Benefits of engaging with a MSP
- Dedicated Team of Experts
- Proactive & Preventive Maintenance
- Scalability to grow as business demands
- 24×7 accessibility of support services
- Faster resolution of issues
Benefits delivered by an Oracle Certified Managed Service Provider
It is important to understand that moving traditional on-premises Oracle environments (ERP, HCM, PPM, etc.) to a public cloud does not eliminate the need for application and infrastructure management. The complexity of Oracle workloads, and more specifically the contracting, architectural design and implementation of these workloads, requires expertise that most companies may not have internally. All layers on top of the virtualization layer — the operating system, the database, the middleware and the application — will still require management.
This may mean that services such as monitoring, backup, security, identity management, database and middleware administration, as well as incident and problem management, should be outsourced to a suitable CSP/MSP/SI.
Other notable benefits Oracle certified MSP can deliver
Some vendors will provide migration only, others managed services only however, an Oracle certified MSP partner (now known as MSE Partner) will have the adaptability to provide end to end solutions. Below are the following non-exhaustive list of other notable advantages that a third-party service provider can offer. The third-party service provider can provide:
- Single contract and single point of contact.
- A buffer between the client and Oracle, especially of interest during tough conversations such as VM usage.
- Recommend, advise on right size license Compliance.
- Provide oversight and recommend cost optimization for licenses and contracts on the OCI environment.
- Offer POCs, giving you a taste of OCI before committing.
- MSE can become the single source of billing for organizations & also manage redundant tactical tasks such as billing and incidents.
- Offer the wealth of its experience, from design through solution management, which any single client will have difficulty competing against.
- Offer options for further optimizing costs through tailor made solution for resources : Right Shoring: Staff Leasing, On Demand, Onsite, Onshore, Nearshore, Offshore, Hybrid.
What is the Oracle Partner Network
Oracle Partner Network (OPN) is Oracle’s partner program that provides partners with a differentiated advantage to develop, sell and implement Oracle solutions. OPN offers resources to train and support specialized knowledge of Oracle’s products and solutions and has evolved to recognize Oracle’s growing product portfolio, partner base and business opportunity. Key to the latest enhancements to OPN is the ability for partners to be recognized and rewarded for their investment in Oracle Cloud. Partners engaging with Oracle will be able to differentiate their Oracle Cloud expertise and success with customers through the OPN Cloud program – an innovative program that complements existing OPN program levels with tiers of recognition and progressive benefits for partners working with Oracle Cloud. To find out more visit: http://www.oracle.com/partners.