As the #1 of Gartner’s Top 10 Strategic Technology Trends for 2020, Hyperautomation is a new concept introduced into the automation world, that describes a technology that will drive significant disruption and opportunity over the next five to 10 years.
In a recent report, Gartner identified the top 10 technology trends that are shifting, changing, reaching key tipping points and driving disruption, that companies that want to remain competitive in the digital era, can’t afford to ignore.
WHAT IS HYPERAUTOMATION?
As defined on Wikipedia, Hyperautomation is the application of advanced technologies like RPA, Artificial Intelligence, machine learning (ML) and Process Mining to augment workers and automate processes in ways that are significantly more impactful than traditional automation capabilities.
Hyperautomation looks at two things mainly:
- An Expansion of Automation, where everything that can be automated, is automated.
- Going from RPA and task-oriented Automation to adding more sophisticated AI-based process automation (i.e., discover, analyze, design, automate, measure, monitor, reassess.) and building digital twins of an organization for digital ops
WHAT DOES HYPERAUTOMATION ENTAIL?
- AI capabilities such as machine learning (ML), natural language processing (NLP), intelligent optical character recognition (OCR), and AI computer vision.
- Automated process discovery tools that show you what you can and should automate.
- Workforce engagement capability: ways to enable everyone in an organization to contribute to automation.
- Advanced analytics to measure and demonstrate the ROI of automation and its impact.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF HYPERAUTOMATION?
- Rapidly identify and automate all possible business processes
- Empower everyone in the organization—business and IT—with automation
- Enable people and robots to automate together
- Manage the full cycle of automation at big scale
HYPERAUTOMATION VS RPA: WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE?
Hyperautomation is not opposite to RPA, in fact, Hyperautomation validates the automation that RPA presents but elevates it to show how by combining RPA, AI, ML, process mining, decision management, and natural language processing (NLP), and more, companies can obtain an actual end-to-end automation solution.
Hyperautomation is an approach that will be key to scale sophisticated automation across the companies with speed and efficiency. It will continually use new tools and technologies as they emerge, reach even more employees, and accelerate the automation of the next generation of business processes.