7 additional enhancements to start leveraging the power of the latest Tricentis Tosca 16.0 features platform to enable you to accelerate digital transformation by dramatically increasing software-release speeds, reducing costs, and improving software quality.
Latest Tosca version 16.0 is here! With this new release, it delivers many capabilities that strengthen automated testing for packaged applications from Oracle, Workday, and Microsoft Dynamics 365. Now get smoother connectivity and a better mobile testing experience with the new mobile agent called TMA.
Tricentis Tosca 16.0 New Features
1. Enhanced Test Automation for Oracle Applications
Ensuring reliable business processes through automated testing for Oracle applications like eBS. Oracle applications are implemented in highly customized and integrated environments with other systems that are under constant change, and hence testing end-to-end is crucial. Like any other ERP system Oracle apps have dynamic controls that require robust automation to address. The Tosca’s 16.0 release has additional capabilities to stabilize Oracle automation. With Tosca’s ID Mapper and support for ARIA, you can strengthen the identification of complex controls that are part of Oracle applications.
2. Newly Launched Tricentis Mobile Agent: Seamless Connectivity for Android & iOS
With the new Tricentis Mobile Agent (TMA) you can:
- Easily manage connection to any mobile device, whether local, remote, or cloud-based since it is centrally managed.
- Experience smoother mobile test authoring and execution across all Tricentis products.
- TMA simplifies setup and connectivity for iOS and Android devices, enabling a more straightforward mobile testing experience.
- You can now easily configure connected devices, enable iOS automation by setting up iOS artifacts, and review agent settings to jumpstart your mobile testing journey. This new service offering facilitates faster and easier onboarding, and helps users keep up with the latest iOS and Android versions without upgrading Tosca.
3. Tosca’s ID Mapper
With Tosca’s new ID Mapper, lower test customization and increase stability by simply selecting the application under test, uniquely identify your control by adjusting the properties, and save the default IDs in a library. This will allow you to have a library of prebuilt IDs that you can use on the fly to build robust automation.
4 Self-Help Cloud Licensing Reporting
Tosca admins can now view their Tosca license cloud consumption over time and access reports without assistance from Tricentis support. When managing a large amount of Tosca licenses, admins can easily monitor spikes in active Tosca users, while being alerted to users with no available Tosca Commander licenses.
5. ARIA Framework Technologies Support
Tosca now supports the automation of applications built with the Accessible Rich Internet Applications (ARIA) framework. ARIA is a technical specification that you can add to HTML elements to make web content and applications more accessible to users with disabilities. Coming in 2025, the European Accessibility Act will require the usage of ARIA, meaning that more and more web applications will be built using it.
Technologies that currently support ARIA
6. More Inclusive User Experience Using Dark Theme
The new dark and high-contrast themes in Tosca improve accessibility and readability for diverse user groups. Users can choose from four different themes: light, dark, high-contrast light, and high-contrast dark. You can easily switch between these themes in the top right corner of the Tosca screen.
7. Vertical Capabilities- Life Science, Pharmaceutical and Utilities
Tosca Tricentis 16.0 now offers users a fully automated and more complete solution for testing validated applications for highly regulated industries in the life science or utilities sectors. Since Tosca tests often need to be reviewed and approved before execution to ensure they meet certain requirements, users can now easily manage pre-execution review and approval of test cases directly in the Tosca user interface or in the REST API. Without these controls in place, using Tosca in Computer System Validation (CSV) testing becomes a cumbersome manual process.
- File Service: Newly added performance improvements to File Service. You can now continue working in Tosca Commander, such as when you’re checking in items, even if the file system runs out of disk space or is temporarily unavailable.
- Support for the latest SAP innovations: Tosca 16.0 fully supports SAP UI5 (Fiori) version 1.103-1.109 and SAP Success Factors Release 2022H2. It also offers better integration to SAP Solution Manager, which enables you to add execution feasibility checks for DEX with AOS.
- Tosca-qTest integration: Now you can link Tosca test cases and execution lists to qTest faster.
- DEX enhancements: Store DEX credentials in a HashiCorp KeyVault, enabling enhanced security. We’ve also automated the spin-up of DEX Agents for unattended execution, removing the need for manual setup. This improves performance and ease of use.
- Improvements to PDF automation: Tosca’s PDF 1:1 compare module (used for comparing the content of two PDFs for verification purposes) now offers users the ability to exclude certain repetitive content from comparison, including viewing detailed reports of the comparison results. Additional improvements include the PDF engine’s Optical Recognition technology, meaning you can now benefit from more accurate identification and automation of multiline cells of a table, including various icons and controls.
- Mainframe rescan: The rescan feature for Host Engine 3.0 modules simplifies the process of keeping mainframe test cases updated.
- Support for Java 17: With Tosca 16.0, you can now automate Java 17 applications, providing state-of-the-art technology support.
Want to see a live demo of the latest Tosca 16.0 features and hear from our Product Experts?
Speak to Our Experts Now!