This blog post has been updated to reflect the most recent information. Read it here.
What’s new with Oracle E-Business Suite R12.2.8? Thousands of companies all over the world run their operations on Oracle EBS. However, with the arrival of Oracle Cloud SaaS solutions, companies don’t feel confident that their Oracle EBS systems will remain viable through their planning horizon. So should you even consider upgrading? The answer is, maybe.
Oracle continues to invest in Oracle EBS in the three broad categories of functional advance, operational efficiency, and mobility and UI modernization – all based on customer feedback. In this blog, we will go over a what’s new in Oracle EBS 12.2.8 and few critical aspects of the latest release to assist your longer-term planning.
Source: Blog: Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2.8 Now Available
Oracle E-Business Suite Innovations R12.2.8
This release includes new features, statutory and regulatory updates, and enhancements for stability, performance, and security.
Based on a communication by Oracle, the innovations are based around these key investment themes:
- Customer Requests and Voting: customer enhancement requests and voting via Oracle Support Communities.
- Enterprise Command Centers: new dashboard capabilities to help users discover and act on top priorities without custom operational reporting.
- User Experience: continued modernization, including more HTML user interfaces, more investment in mobility, and new Enterprise Command Centers.
- Data Privacy Standards: functionality to help customers comply with data privacy regulations.
- Accounting Standards Changes: enhancements to address accounting standards changes, such as new lease accounting and revenue recognition standards.
- EBS on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure: automation to help customers move their E-Business Suite environments to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
Source: Enterprise Command Centers – OOW18 with Demos
Oracle EBS R12.2.8 Features
- Improved User Experience: more HTML interfaces and mobile capabilities
- Mobile Release 8 Updates
- Oracle Financials:
- Account Receivables user can optimize the collection cycle and increase the Cash Flow,
- Accounts payable users can optimize invoice processing and cash out,
- Asset users can accelerate period closing and increase asset utilization.
- Order management:
- A new flexible definition of what groups of customers can buy what items
- Oracle Quoting will enable quotes in spreadsheets to be loaded using the web ADI.
- Improve the flow of requests without catalog to invite suppliers to register automatically,
- An improved “cash purchase” capability allows privileged users to initiate individual unique purchases without involving a buyer,
- Oracle Sourcing provides flexibility to grant another bidder if a previous winning bid does not work,
- Oracle iSupplier Portal facilitates global operations by allowing a single vendor representative to operate on behalf of multiple subsidiaries,
- Contract life cycle management includes improved flows and new standards-based APIs to enhance the buyer’s workload allocation and facilitate the importation of historical information.
So Upgrade your Oracle EBS or Migrate to Oracle Cloud?
Oracle E-Business Suite customers are going through a challenging maze. While organizations have a mandate to move to Cloud-based solutions, this is not the only pressure they face. IT Leaders also have to address the need for new and better features, keep their operations functioning, and stay in support.
Companies need to be clear about their reasons for change, the effort it would take them and also the fit for their operations to be able to focus on innovating where it matters.
About Our Technology Advisory Services
ITC can help you sort this out. We provide unbiased advice to define the best roadmap for you, taking into account your current business processes, IT footprint and areas of opportunity for innovation.
Request our assessment below and take your technology roadmap at your own pace.
Archive: What’s New in Oracle EBS 12.2.7?
FAQ AROUND ORACLE EBS R12.2.8
Q: Is there a direct upgrade path from Release 11i to Release 12.2.8?
A: No there isn’t. Before applying 12.2.8, Release 11i customers must first upgrade to Release 12.2.
A: You can get prepared for EBS 12.2 with this checklist Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2: Technical Planning, Getting Started, and Go-Live Checklist(Doc ID 1585857.1), which applies to Release 12.2.5 and higher.