Build enterprise apps 20x faster with 100x less code with Oracle APEX, now powered by Oracle Cloud Infrastructure with an aggressive pricing.
Oracle Application Express (APEX) is a low-code development application platform that enables customers to build scalable, secure enterprise apps, with world-class features, that can be deployed anywhere on, onprem or Cloud.
Using Oracle APEX on Oracle Cloud, developers can quickly develop and deploy compelling apps that solve real problems and provide immediate value. Customers don’t need to be an expert in a vast array of technologies to deliver sophisticated solutions. Focus on solving the problem and let APEX take care of the rest.
Oracle APEX on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
Interestingly, Oracle today is making its popular APEX low-code development platform available as a managed cloud service that developers can use to build data-driven enterprise applications quickly and easily.
- Expands on two decades of APEX functionality already used by 500,000 developers as an easy-to-use, browser-based service for creating modern Web and mobile apps.
- While the original APEX platform was only available as part of the Oracle Database, APEX Application Development is available as a standalone service and works with a variety of applications.
- Running on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI), the service starts at $360 per month, providing support for more than 500 users and unlimited applications, and elastically scales as additional capacity is needed.
- A recent study from Pique Solutions showed that developers could build enterprise applications 38x faster with the Oracle APEX service without having to learn complex, full-stack technologies.
- The Oracle APEX architecture provides extremely tight integration with the database, enabling a 10x reduction in round trips between the application and the database, resulting in much faster response times for end-users of data-driven applications. Additionally, APEX allows application developers to fully exploit the power and simplicity of SQL.
Oracle APEX Application Development – Comprehensive Low Code Platform
Oracle APEX Application Development – Framework
Used to build desktop and mobile applications for the Oracle Database. Oracle APEX enables you to design, develop and deploy beautiful, responsive, database-driven applications, either on-premises or in the cloud.
- Quickly build reports, forms, charts, calendars, etc. on top of the data in your database
- IT Developers and “citizen-developers” who know a little SQL can readily build applications.
- Oracle APEX can also take advantage of the large majority of Oracle Database features.
Oracle APEX Application Development – Characteristics
The beauty of APEX is that it doesn’t require any client software, is a meta-data model execution engine and easier to maintain in contrast to code generation, and is one of the most efficient execution engine on the planet for Oracle databases.
With a web browser, you can do everything you need to create apps:
- Model database objects
- Load/unload data
- Create REST interfaces on this data
- Build applications on these database objects
- Run and deploy applications
Oracle APEX Application Development – Architecture
Oracle APEX Application Development – Value Proposition
Use Cases Apex Can Help Solve
Use case 1 – Transform your spreadsheets to web apps
For Spreadsheet replacement, you can drag and drop CSV, XLS, XML or even JSON files into APEX.
APEX creates all the base tables, and create a new app based on that spreadsheet in minutes.
You can even create charts, calendars, validation rules, and more in mere minutes
Use Case 2 –Rapid application development
Use Case 3 –Modernizing Oracle Forms
Use Case 4 – Build or Extend enterprise applications
Use Case 5 – Integrated AppDev as a Service
APEX on Always Free Autonomous Database Vs. APEX Service
With Oracle Cloud Free Tier come Always Free Services which includes Autonomous Databases (2 instances). These Always Free Autonomous DB instances come with a generous capacity. The idea behind Always Free is to learn, explore and do POCs and when you are ready move to a Paid service which comes with support and many other capabilities listed on this slide.
Global Companies are Today Leveraging Oracle APEX on Oracle Cloud
|One of the leading British communications company, providing mobile, fixed, broadband and TV services|
Leader in intelligent digital mining improves operational profitability and sustainability – Aaccelerates time to value
IT Convergence can help you kickstart your Oracle APEX journey or even accelerate APEX to Oracle Cloud migration journey to maximize your time to value. Other key benefits which ITC can deliver:
– Inflight Upgrade of Oracle APEX on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
– Assess & optimize APEX to Minimize architecture
– Oracle APEX integration with Identity Management SSO
Our unique methodologies and tools deliver the most cost effective and time saving for Cloud solutions.