Agriculture Startup Implements Oracle ERP & SCM Cloud in Argentina
ITC Implemented the Project in 4 Months While Meeting Local Statutory Requirements
The client is an agricultural technology unicorn with a valuation of $1.4 billion. They work with plant microbes, aiming to improve yields of cotton, wheat, corn, soybeans, and rice. The company also offers crop storage and other logistics programs for farmers.
The client had an aggressive plan to expand operations to multiple countries in LATAM & APAC and wanted to minimize the risk of data management, reporting and compliance with local regulations in the rollout of Oracle Cloud Applications. They were using Oracle ERP Cloud in the US and Excel spreadsheets with a local system in Argentina. ITC discovered some bugs related to Argentina’s localizations including electronic invoicing integration with local Tax Authority (AFIP). ITC utilized its relationship with Oracle and worked closely with the business users to mitigate any risks in advance.
The client chose to work with ITC due to our local presence and Oracle Cloud & Localization capabilities. The ITC team met with local business users from multiple teams like Finance, Taxes, Manufacturing and Supply Chain to understand their business processes and recommended specific functionality in Oracle ERP Cloud to suit their needs. ITC implemented the following Oracle Cloud ERP modules: General Ledger, Purchasing, Payables, Receivables, Order Management, Fusion Tax Management, Product Management, Inventory, Cost Management, Manufacturing, and Integration Cloud Service.
- The project was executed on time and on budget within 4 months
- A low-cost, low-maintenance, scalable solution in place which helped automate dozens of repetitive tasks
- Followed a global processes template while meeting local statutory requirements
- Solved electronic invoice, integrated with Argentina Tax Authority out of the box
- Improved data management, reporting and accounting consolidation capabilities