B2B Rental Company Migrates OBIEE 12c to OCI
The client wanted to move the OBIEE 12c applications from Oracle Managed Cloud Service (OMCS) to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) as they were facing issues with the level of support offered by Oracle. Their service requests were constantly getting delayed and their level of access to make changes to the application was limited. They were looking for a partner who could not only migrate but also support their Oracle environment in a cost-effective manner while ensuring high availability.
IT Convergence had a long history of migrating OBIEE customers from OMCS to OCI. As the client was running older versions of OBIEE 12c and Informatica, ITC helped them upgrade to the latest versions. We leveraged our expertise and relationship with Oracle to jointly deliver a solution with the Oracle Cloud team. As a certified Oracle Managed Services Partner, we are also providing ongoing maintenance and support for their BI environment.
- Inflight database upgrade from 184.108.40.206 to 12c and OBIEE/Informatica applications point upgrade
- New features and functionality due to the application upgrade
- Substantial cost savings while ensuring that Oracle licensing remained intact
- Better application performance and higher availability
- Scalable and repeatable future migrations now possible without the need for outsourcing