Global Mining Company Implements Microsoft Power BI
The client was running Oracle E-Business Suite with CloudIO for their reporting needs. They wanted to add more advanced data visualization capabilities to their current real-time reports and extend their current solution to include DW reports and therefore selected Power BI as a new visualization tool and Azure Data Factory + Azure SQL DB for ETL data loads and data warehouse.
IT Convergence converted the existing CloudIO reports to Power BI Direct Query reports by building a connection from Oracle EBS using Power BI Gateway. We also built a data warehouse using Azure SQL DB and the ETL using Azure Data Factory. We designed an ETL process and data warehouse to load information from Oracle EBS. There were some challenges due to the complexity of Oracle EBS tables, but we were able to overcome them using implementation best practices.
- All the CloudIO reports were successfully converted to Power BI
- Faster real-time reporting with more advanced data visualization
- Better collaboration through easy sharing of reports
- Modern, intuitive and user-friendly interface
- Data integration capability with sources other than Oracle EBS
- Easier maintenance of reports reduced the burden on IT staff