If you’re exploring data analytics solutions, you have plenty of choices, including Oracle Analytics Cloud and Tableau. But how can you tell which is best for enterprise-class insights? Oracle Analytics Cloud’s complete range of capabilities and its ability to perform analytics at scale make it a superior solution when compared to products from other vendors like Tableau.
WHAT IS ORACLE ANALYTICS CLOUD?
All-in-one solution for big data with in-memory analytics capability
Oracle Analytics Cloud offers comprehensive business analytics, enterprise-class reporting, and self-service data visualization capabilities. It brings together embedded machine learning and automation in a cloud platform that delivers personalized, proactive analytics. Oracle Analytics Cloud is the only solution that offers augmented analytics, self-service analytics, and centralized analytics in a single cloud offering.
A reliable starting framework to understand the various benefits of data cleansing and the best practices that must be followed during the process.
ORACLE ANALYTICS CLOUD – KEY FEATURES
- High elasticity that makes it easy to provision resources and automate tasks for agility and efficiency
- Includes high-volume production reporting, with no need for a separate tool
- Built with intrinsic security and role-based access to safeguard critical data
- Includes an enterprise-grade semantics model for a single source of truth
- Offers machine learning capabilities for business users to enable fast, accurate data discovery, enrichment, and predictive analytics
- Supports new cloud business models and existing on-premises models to create analytics for viewing on interactive, configurable dashboards
- Drives collaboration by supporting the generation, embedding, and sharing of analytics across your organization
- Self-service, intuitive experience using natural language makes it easy to see and interpret data, work with visualizations, and create compelling stories
- Supports comprehensive, integrated business analytics across the web and on mobile devices
ORACLE ANALYTICS CLOUD VS. TABLEAU
Oracle Analytics Cloud stands apart from competitors by integrating the three capabilities that are required to support analytics at scale:
- Augmented analytics
- Self-service analytics
- Governed analytics
Table – Features Comparison
ORACLE ANALYTICS CLOUD – PRODUCT ROADMAP
Data is continuously expanding. Analytics systems must therefore be built to support future workloads while simultaneously accelerating the time to action. Oracle is building Oracle Analytics Cloud to be a future-proof autonomous platform, and to that end they are continually investing in the following:
Autonomous systems operation will reduce or eliminate traditional administrative overhead through new self-securing, self-healing, and self-driving capabilities that manage uptime, optimize system performance, proactively identify and correct errors, programmatically secure data, and more—all without human intervention
- Capabilities will be included to manage and drive adoption, including instrumentation to track utilization, sentiment, actions, and outcomes
- Adoption-related information will be used to help personalize the user experience and help guide future product direction
- In addition to data models that are created, models will be inferred from the data, its domain, people using it, and the types of discovery and analysis it’s used for
- New levels of data interactivity will be included, such as writeback for Oracle Essbase and Oracle Essbase – specific data flows
- Oracle Data Visualization will be updated to improve the display of Oracle Essbase hierarchies
- Access to Oracle and third-party big data sources will be optimized using secured connections and compressed transport
- The number and type of workloads that are function-shipped to the high-performance areas of the architecture will be expanded
- High-speed Oracle Essbase analysis will be leveraged and scaled across more use cases to accelerate big data analytics
Security and Privacy
- Visualize and track data lineage, including identifying data by source, use case, author, actors, domain, and other attributes derived from the data itself and surfaced in data profiles
- Use machine learning to drive automatic recommendations for user roles and privileges (adding and removing)
- Manage sensitive data, including tracking the use of data containing personally identifiable information and automatically masking sensitive attribute values
Many vendors like Tableau offer cloud-based data analytics solutions with compelling graphics and visuals, but visualization is only part of what’s needed for true insight. Oracle provides the entire package, a complete range of analytics for all types of users and roles. Oracle Analytics Cloud encompasses the business processes around visualization features that go beyond the visualization layer, with elasticity that helps businesses rapidly right-size capabilities across their enterprise.