In a recent post in the Oracle Applications and Technology user group (OATUG), the OATUG Customer Support Council provided several updates regarding Oracle’s support for Oracle Database and Oracle EBS. In this blog we’ll discuss the most important of them.
Support updates in Oracle Database
First, a year ago it was announced that due to the certification timing of Oracle E-Business Suite with Oracle Database versions beyond 12.1, Oracle had waived extended support fees for Oracle Database versions 11.2/12.1 for Oracle Database licenses used for Oracle EBS through December 2020. Thanks to a joint effort by the OATUG Customer Support Council, the EBS Development team, and Oracle Proactive Support – a further extension has been granted.
This means that Extended Support uplift fees have been eliminated for Database 220.127.116.11 all the way through the Extended Support period now ending July 2022 for Oracle Database licenses used for EBS.
- Database 12.1
- Extended Support ends July 31, 2022
- Extended Support fees waived through the full Extended Support period (July 31, 2022) for 18.104.22.168 databases used for Oracle E-Business Suite
- Database 11.2
- Extended Support ends December 2020
- Extended Support fees waived through the full Extended Support period (December 31, 2020) for 22.214.171.124 databases used for Oracle E-Business Suite
- Advanced Customer Services (ACS) Market Driven Support (MDS) available for 126.96.36.199 databases after December 2020
Additionally, users of Oracle Database 188.8.131.52 will now benefit from limited error correction support through March 2022 (all support was previously set to end at the end of this year).
Support updates in Oracle EBS
Through the OATUG Forum Online, Cliff Godwin, Senior Vice President of Applications Development at Oracle, also announced several other points of good news for Oracle EBS.
As we previously mentioned, Premier support for EBS 12.1.3 will end in December 2021. This has no change. After this date, support will still be available through ACS contracts.
ACS Market Driven Support will be available for 2022 and 2023 and will include Severity 1 and Severity 2 bug fixing as well as security updates. Pricing will be based on a tiered price structure based on the EBS support contract amount.
For full details from Oracle EBS support, see the official documentation: