Oracle turns 44 in June’21, it is now looking to retain its strong customer base of 230,000 customers in more than 175 countries. These customers are running simple to complex applications and exploring a move from Onprem to Cloud environments.
While Oracle does stand to have an edge with a hold on Onprem applications, with a huge customer base like this, however it will not be a cake walk for Oracle unless it showcases USP in its Cloud against its top competitors who today have an edge in the Infrastructure space. Oracle intends on migrating its vast installed base to its IaaS platform through measures such as cut-rate pricing and strong SLAs on availability, performance and manageability.
Today, Oracle Cloud IaaS market numbers are far below that of Azure, Google or AWS, they are making leaps and bounds to cover that up with innovation and adding new USP to their Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI). Today even Gartner recommends Oracle OCI to be added to customers Cloud IaaS assessment in their latest report & in another Oracle Cloud Infrastructure score jumps 63 percent y/y in new gartner solution scorecard for Oracle Cloud Infrastructure IaaS+PaaS.
Oracle cloud infrastructure benefits include helping companies help their entire application portfolio, especially their mission critical workloads, in the cloud. Customers are growing new lines of business, improving their user experiences, speeding their operations, and lowering their risks and costs on OCI.
4 Benefits of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure is designed for applications that require consistent high-performance, including stateful connections to databases, raw processing through CPUs or GPUs, millions of storage IOPS, and GB/s of throughput.
- OCI uses non-blocking networks to provide predictable high-performance and low latency to every resource. It also utilizes the latest technology such as NVMe SSD drives and bare-metal instances with 51+TB of storage that can handle millions of transactions per second. Third-party testing has shown that OCI outperforms on-premises or AWS products in terms of I/O performance and low latency.
Great performance translates into faster results for end customers and greater productivity. For example, financial processes that used to take 2 hours for a marketing firm based out of the USA, now take 10 minutes.
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure starts with a zero-trust architecture. This means that not only are tenants isolated from one another, but tenants are also isolated from Oracle and vice versa. Read the 8 principles to secure EBS on OCI
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure ensures a clean separation between customer instances using isolated network virtualization and custom hardware root of trust. It provides multiple layers of defense, such as data encryption, identity and access management, and granular control over resources and network. The cloud also has robust code security, compliance auditing, and 24/7 Security Operations Center to mitigate threats. Present in 80+ global, regional, and industry compliance standards, including FedRAMP, IL-5, GDPR, ISO, and PCI-DSS SOC, and HIPAA,
The combination of secure architecture, technology, development, and process provides a more secure environment than most on-premises facilities, as well as other clouds. Get the infographic on drivers and design principles on OCI.
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure’s Compute offerings are roughly 50%* less than comparable AWS or Azure products. Flexible compute shapes enable customers to tailor and pay for instances with the exact amount of cores and memory they need, saving over coarser-grained “t-shirt sized” instances. Read more on the TCO benefits and beyond with OCI
Along with this you can save upto 30% and more, by engaging certified Oracle Cloud MSE Partners, who are designated to Consult, Build, Migrate, Operate and Manage your all under a single contract.
- Oracle’s block and database storage costs up to 95% less than other leading cloud providers. Outbound bandwidth is free for up to 10TB per month and priced lower than competitors beyond that.
- Oracle Cloud pricing is consistent across global regions, with the only variation being outbound bandwidth. Per-second metering allows for resource scaling and precise payment for usage.
- With lower product costs, Oracle cloud customers can expect 20-60% lower TCO compared to on-premises or AWS infrastructure.
- Discounted annual commitment pricing is also available through Oracle’s Universal Credits program.
An unified communications vendor, saved 80% on their networking costs by moving from AWS to OCI.
4. Ease of Migration
We understand that when it comes to migrating a complex, highly customized and deeply integrated application like EBS, JD Edwards, or Peoplesoft, it’s important to do it with as little re-architecture as possible so that there’s limited downtime and the transition is completely seamless for end-users.
Ask for Oracle Certified Cloud MSE’s, they have the expertise with tools and methodologies to not only accelerate your migration, but also help you Maximise your current investments, with the minimum downtime, effort and cost.
Value Oracle partners can deliver in your cloud migration:
- Application-aware tooling so that you can keep existing customizations and integrations
- Post-migration application configuration and Optimizations
- Long term strategic Managed Services partner in your Digital transformation journey.
Read more on how you can migrate your Oracle application with ease