Oracle turns 44 in June’21, it is now looking to retain its strong customer base of 230,000 customers in more than 175 countries. These customers are running simple to complex applications and exploring a move from Onprem to Cloud environments.
While Oracle does stand to have an edge with a hold on Onprem applications, with a huge customer base like this, however it will not be a cake walk for Oracle unless it showcases USP in its Cloud against its top competitors who today have an edge in the Infrastructure space. Oracle intends on migrating its vast installed base to its IaaS platform through measures such as cut-rate pricing and strong SLAs on availability, performance and manageability.
Today, Oracle Cloud IaaS market numbers are far below that of Azure, Google or AWS, they are making leaps and bounds to cover that up with innovation and adding new USP to their Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI). Today even Gartner recommends Oracle OCI to be added to customers Cloud IaaS assessment in their latest report & in another Oracle Cloud Infrastructure score jumps 63 percent y/y in new gartner solution scorecard for Oracle Cloud Infrastructure IaaS+PaaS.
Oracle cloud infrastructure benefits include helping companies help their entire application portfolio, especially their mission critical workloads, in the cloud. Customers are growing new lines of business, improving their user experiences, speeding their operations, and lowering their risks and costs on OCI.
4 Benefits of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure is designed for applications that require consistent high-performance, including stateful connections to databases, raw processing through CPUs or GPUs, millions of storage IOPS, and GB/s of throughput.
- Non-blocking networks guarantee that each resource gets predictable high-performance and low latency.
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure leverages the latest CPUs, GPUs, networking, and storage technology like NVMe SSD drives. For example, OCI offers bare-metal instances with 51.2 TB of NVMe solid state storage capable of millions of read and write transactions per second.
- Based on third party testing, Oracle’s compute and storage offer 2-5 times the I/O performance of comparable on-premises or AWS products, with more consistent low latency.
Great performance translates into faster results for end customers and greater productivity. For example, financial processes that used to take 2 hours for a marketing firm based out of the USA, now take 10 minutes.
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure starts with a zero-trust architecture. This means that not only are tenants isolated from one another, but tenants are also isolated from Oracle and vice versa. Read the 8 principles to secure EBS on OCI
- The isolated network virtualization mentioned earlier plays a role in this clean separation, as well as a custom hardware root of trust to reimage every instance prior to a new customer receiving it.
- Above Oracle Cloud’s core infrastructure are layer upon layer of defenses including default data encryption, least-privilege identity and access management, and granular resource and network control all the way out to the edge.
- Oracle Cloud also has strict code security development and deployment processes, a full compliance team which is constantly auditing new regions and services, and a round-the-clock Security Operations Center to guard against threats.
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure is compliant with over 80 global, regional, and industry standards including SOC, ISO, PCI-DSS, HIPAA, FedRAMP, IL-5, GDPR, and more.
The combination of secure architecture, technology, development, and process provides a more secure environment than most on-premises facilities, as well as other clouds. Get the infographic on drivers and design principles on OCI.
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure’s Compute offerings are roughly 50%* less than comparable AWS or Azure products. Flexible compute shapes enable customers to tailor and pay for instances with the exact amount of cores and memory they need, saving over coarser-grained “t-shirt sized” instances. Read more on the TCO benefits and beyond with OCI
Along with this you can save upto 30% and more, by engaging certified Oracle Cloud MSE Partners, who are designated to Consult, Build, Migrate, Operate and Manage your all under a single contract.
- Oracle’s block storage and database storage are as much as 95% less than other cloud providers. We don’t charge for outbound bandwidth for up to 10TB per month and beyond that charge a fraction of other cloud providers.
- We offer the same everyday low prices in every global region, including our US and UK government regions. The only price that varies globally is outbound bandwidth, where we add a consistent margin on more expensive network provider costs, yet still offer substantial savings over other cloud providers.
- Our lower product costs translate into 20-60% lower TCO across a range of workloads versus comparable on-premises or AWS infrastructure.
- Many Oracle Cloud Infrastructure services are metered on a per second basis so that you can scale resources when you need them and only pay precisely for those you consume. Discounted annual commitment pricing is available as well via Oracle’s Universal Credits program.
An unified communications vendor, saved 80% on their networking costs by moving from AWS to OCI.
4. Ease of Migration
We understand that when it comes to migrating a complex, highly customized and deeply integrated application like EBS, JD Edwards, or Peoplesoft, it’s important to do it with as little re-architecture as possible so that there’s limited downtime and the transition is completely seamless for end-users.
Ask for Oracle Certified Cloud MSE’s, they have the expertise with tools and methodologies to not only accelerate your migration, but also help you Maximise your current investments, with the minimum downtime, effort and cost.
Value Oracle partners can deliver in your cloud migration:
- Application-aware tooling so that you can keep existing customizations and integrations
- Post-migration application configuration and Optimizations
- Long term strategic Managed Services partner in your Digital transformation journey.
Read more on how you can migrate your Oracle application with ease